1. Monday, Feb. 22nd we will have a Mardi Gras "parade" at school for the elementary AR students during 7th period. We will talk more about details in class. Wear a yellow/green/purple/Mardi Gras-colored shirt if you have one. Bring a flip folder & lyre.
2. Pizza kits will be delivered next Tuesday (2/23) at 3:00. These will be frozen, so please come pick them up asap.
3. Practice next Wednesday (2/24) until 4:30. This will be our last rehearsal with everyone able to attend. You have Thursday after school off to REST (see below).
4. Majorette Mock Tryouts will be Friday, March 11th at 6:30 in the gym. Admission is $5.00. Proceeds go to the majorettes.
5. Below is the itinerary for MPA & AISA, BOTH next Friday. Please trust me when I say I've tried as hard as possible to accommodate many different individual schedules. This is the best of our available options. It will be a very long day. That's just the way it is.
Eat something before you get to Pickens Academy! We will have snacks & bottled water for the bus ride. Guys, I recommend that you wear your concert attire all day so you don't have to worry with changing clothes. Girls, bring a garment bag for your dress - unless you want to wear it all day. The performances at both events are free and open to the public. Parents, family, and friends are welcome to attend if you can.
Music Performance Assessment -AND- AISA State Festival - Friday, 2/26/16
*Band parents and Band members, check your email for a more detailed schedule.*
7:40AM - Load bus
8:00 - Leave PA *DRESSED IN CONCERT ATTIRE*
9:00 - Arrive at Moody Music Bldg
10:00 - Perform (MPA)
By 11:00 - Done, Load bus, Leave
12:40-1:30 - Lunch
2:10-2:40 - Change into CONCERT ATTIRE at Huntingdon
3:15 - Perform (AISA)
3:45 - Done, Load bus, I don't care what you wear on the bus home.
By 4:00 - Leave
~7:00PM - Arrive at PA